Organizational Consulting Skills Capstone
- Diploma; Capstone
- 75 learners; teams of 5
- 20 hours per learner
- Academic credit
- Any company type
- 5 projects wanted
- What can our learners do for your company?
Looking to elevate your organization, and bring it to the next level? Bring on students from Conestoga to be your student-consultants, in a project-based experience. Students will work on one main project over the course of the semester, connecting with you as needed with virtual communication tools.
Students in this program/course are introduced to the consulting engagement life cycle including hands-on consulting skills practice. The emphasis in the course focuses on structured problem-solving skills, communication, and influencing skills. Students will learn how to use communication techniques to better understand their client’s needs and preferences and the ethical issues consultants face. The course is designed around the various phases of a typical consulting framework and engagement approach.
- What would your company get at the end of this experience?
Deliverables are negotiable, and will seek to align the needs of the students and the organization.
Some final project deliverables might include:
- A 10-15 minute presentation on key findings and recommendations
- A detailed report including their research, analysis, insights and recommendations
Students in groups of 3-5 will work with your company to identify your needs and provide actionable recommendations, based on their in-depth research and analysis.
Project activities that students can complete may include, but are not limited to:
- Applying project management skills, both individually and as part of a team for a given company.
- Assisting with human resources consulting.
- Applying consulting frameworks, tools and techniques to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Implementing strategies to facilitate, mediate and manage-conflict including ethical issues that HR professionals encounter.
- Constructing project proposals using client approved parameters.
Required questions to apply
Companies must answer the following custom questions in order to apply to this experience:
Be available for a quick phone/virtual call with the instructor to initiate your relationship and confirm your scope is an appropriate fit for the course.
Provide a dedicated contact person who is available for weekly/bi-weekly drop-ins to address students’ questions as well as periodic messages over the duration of the project.
Provide an opportunity for students to present their work and receive feedback.
Provide relevant information/data as needed for the project.
How is your project relevant to the course?