Undergraduate of Information Technology and Computer Science Project
- Undergraduate; Capstone
- 200 learners; teams of 4
- 120 hours per learner
- Academic credit
- Any company type
- It & computing
- 2/30 project matches
July 17, 2023Experience start
October 15, 2023Experience end
- What can our learners do for your company?
Students complete hands-on, practical experience developing software and/or delivering IT solutions in a project environment. They will work in teams and complete projects from inception to implementation. Preferred projects are web application development, testing, CMS configuration etc
- Self-sustained independent projects preferred (not BAU work)
- Semester 1 starts on 17th July and finishes on 15th October
- Project description to be reviewed and approved by the academic coordinator
- The team will be formed based on student interest and skillset
- Team sizes are 3 -5
- Projects are supervised by academics with industry experience
- Team outcomes will be finalised by the week of 31st July approximately
- Each student is expected to work 120hrs during the semester on the project
- Project sponsors are expected to meet with the team regularly (at least 1 hr/week)
Please note that your request will not be accepted on Riipen until a student group has been allocated. Students are given the opportunity to submit preferences from July 17th, with partners to be notified if they've secured a group by July 31st.
You can submit your project for approval via this form
Once submitted, a follow-up meeting will be scheduled with you to answer any questions.
- What would your company get at the end of this experience?
The students learning outcomes are listed below.
- Apply knowledge of the key principles of project management to a significant IT project, choose a suitable development methodology, design and deliver industry standard software and documentation.
- Analyse and solve a problem requiring an IT solution, propose and evaluate alternative approaches by conducting experiments, collecting data, identifying and evaluating the appropriate development tools and frameworks.
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment to plan and implement project requirements, participating as a team member and/or team leader and demonstrating understanding of the team dynamic that is critical to your project’s success.
- Negotiate the project deliverables and milestones and assume responsibility for a successful outcome.
- Communicate with clients in a professional manner, delivering presentations and writing technical research reports using the appropriate language of the field.
Project examples include, but are not limited to:
- Website Development/Updates
- Basic Testing
- CMS configuration (e.g WordPress development)
- API implementation
- CRM building
Required questions to apply
Companies must answer the following custom questions in order to apply to this experience:
Have you submitted your project via the following smartsheet link? https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a819896a051943428b67ad624a41da26