PAID Internship | BACHELOR OF COMMERCE - Financial or Accounting Services
- Undergraduate; 3rd year, 4th year, 2nd year
- 50 learners; individual projects
- 420 hours per learner
- Payment 16.65 CAD / hour
- 1/20 project matches
- What can our learners do for your company?
This is a Paid Internship / Co-Op. Employers interested in applying should provide compensation for the student - minimum $16,65/h per student (not financed by Level Up!). Please DO NOT APPLY if you cannot provide a compensation.
Benefits to your company
The Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Financial or Accounting Services) program provides students with the knowledge and skills to work in the financial services sector. The financial services sector continues to grow and adapt to the needs of clients using technology. Studies are poised to successfully work in financial planning, call centre operations, investments and risk management and other senior finance and accounting position.
*Students are available between September 5-December 15, 2023 and require a total of 420 hours. Co-op opportunities must be paid minimum wage or more. Unpaid internships are not available.
More information about our co-op/ internship programs can be found here.
* Interested employers: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learner skills
- Accounting & finance
- What would your company get at the end of this experience?
Students will deliver on their 3-5 Learning Outcome Objectives that were agreed upon before the Co-op/Internship commenced.
Student abilities include (not an exhaustive list):
1. Communicate information and concepts clearly and concisely using the most appropriate methods for the message, its purpose and its audience.
2. Work effectively in teams to achieve desired goals and outcomes by managing projects, resolving conflicts, addressing differing points of view and demonstrating self-awareness, self-confidence and self-management.
3. Solve business problems by interpreting data from primary and secondary sources in qualitative and quantitative analyses.
4. Evaluate risk, economics, environmental, ethical, legal, political, sociological and technical factors to support strategic decisions.
5. Formulate and communicate sound arguments using critical evaluation of research, personal and societal contexts.
More information about the Bachelor of Commerce - Finance or Accounting Program can be found here.
Required questions to apply
Companies must answer the following custom questions in order to apply to this experience:
Our students require an experienced mentor and mentorship program during their work term. Can you provide a mentor and/or mentorship program during the students work term?
Would you require the student to be working remote, on site or hybrid?
I understand that this co-op requires me to provide a work placement for a student that will provide them with 360 hours of work over the assigned semester dates.
Compensation MUST be provided by the employer (minimum $16,65/h per student - not Level Up financed). How much would you be able to provide in terms of compensation?
Be available for a quick phone call with the Internship Staff to initiate your relationship and confirm your scope in and appropriate fit for the internship