- Graduate; Capstone
- 3 learners; teams of 4
- 120 hours per learner
- Academic credit
- 3/10 project matches
- What can our learners do for your company?
Looking to elevate your organization, and bring it to the next level? Bring on students from National University to be your student-consultants, in a project-based experience. Students will work on one main project over the course of three months, connecting with you as needed with virtual communication tools.
Students in this cybersecurity program will complete a Master's level project dealing with a student's area of specialization in Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing or Enterprise Cybersecurity Management. The students will create an original project with practical applications using cybersecurity policy, regulatory, and testing frameworks. The project will integrate the concepts of cybersecurity and information assurance taught throughout the program. Project management techniques and collaboration will be emphasized along with the ethical and legal aspects of the project.
- Month 1 - Planning
- Month 2 - Execution
- Month 3 - Complete project and outbrief
- What would your company get at the end of this experience?
Deliverables will vary depending on the scope of the internship/capstone. However, these deliverables must be discussed and agreed upon prior to the start.
Students can complete a substantial project for your organization over the placement period. We suggest providing a starting project, but as the placement goes on there may be other duties or projects the student is asked to complete as well. Providing a central project creates structure for the internship/capstone, and gives the student (and company) a tangible goal.
Project activities that students can complete may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a project plan that utilizes commonly accepted project management techniques.
- Applying commonly accepted methods in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance to design, plan, and execute a Cybersecurity project.
- Evaluating the best method or framework that meets project goals for creating a Cybersecurity solution for the Cybersecurity project.
- Formerly presenting the project plan and proposal to project advisors and stakeholders for review.
- Develop comprehensive risk matrix
- Researching new technology like quantum computing or the application of machine learning to cybersecurity
- Evaluation of security products (firewalls, Virtual Private Network (VPN) Systems etc)
Required questions to apply
Companies must answer the following custom questions in order to apply to this experience:
Be available for a quick phone/virtual call with the instructor to initiate your relationship and confirm your scope is an appropriate fit for the internship.
How is your project relevant to the internship?
Provide a dedicated contact who will act as the student's primary supervisor over the duration of the virtual placement. A secondary contact should be provided as a backup.
Provide ongoing support and mentorship to students throughout the internship. Students will interact virtually with their primary contact no less than once a week.